Thinking on Thursdays is my way of quickly jotting down some things that have been on my mind over the past week.
1. I love the website www.greatist.com. It really is a breath of fresh air in a world of fitness crap. I love their non-intimidating approach to all things fitness. Most of their articles really align with my “real life” approach to becoming and staying healthy.
2. How the heck can anyone know what is the “right” way to eat with all of the crap that is being thrown at us from different “experts”?? From Paleo to Intermittent Fasting to Gluten Free to South Beach to Vegan to…well you get the idea. There is no one size fits all way of eating. I need to follow this one up with a blog post about it!
3. Fitspiration or “fitspo” or fitness inspiration is mostly crap. Fitspo are usually pictures of very “fit” women (and some men) with inspirational messages printed on the photo. These images are supposed to inspire us to go to the gym, eat salad and push ourselves no matter what.
I mean this is really going to make me feel a lot better about myself??
So crawling around the gym while puking is a good thing??
Killing myself every single time I workout is the only way to succeed?
4. Finally, the most disgusting commercial is playing on the Country station I listen to on the way to and from work. It mentions rotting food and toxic sludge in your stomach. It goes on to claim that their weight loss pill will rid your body of these horrible things. I just can’t believe anyone actually buys that crap!
5. I use the word crap too much. 🙂